The combination of travel services offered to you constitutes a travel package within the meaning of the Package Travel Directive (EU) 2015/2302 [if a travel package is involved]. This means that you are entitled to make claims under all EU legislation applying to travel packages.
In order to meet its statutory obligation to provide a guarantee, Accessible Travel Netherlands makes use of the guarantee scheme provided by STO Garant. You can check that this is the case by visiting STO Garant's website and verifying that the organisation is listed as a participant (www.sto-garant.nl/en/members). STO Garant is a recognised Guarantee Scheme. It consists of an escrow account in which your payment is held until your trip has come to an end. If STO Garant's guarantee applies to your booking, you do not pay the booking sum to Accessible Travel Netherlands but instead into the escrow account belonging to Stichting Derdengelden Certo Escrow, a payment services provider registered with De Nederlandsche Bank (DNB) and the Dutch Authority for the Financial Markets (AFM). This trust account holds your payment in reserve until the trip booked has come to an end. If services are not supplied (in full and/or on time) due to the financial insolvency of Accessible Travel Netherlands, STO Garant implements the guarantee. The Guarantee Scheme details how you can make a claim under the guarantee in such cases. You can find all information relating to Sto Garant at www.sto-garant.nl/en.
The booking payment is released to Accessible Travel Netherlands by the escrow account the day after your trip has come to an end. If Accessible Travel Netherlands files for bankruptcy or is granted a suspension of payments before your trip comes to an end, the booking sum will be released to Stichting Take Over (STO). Depending on the situation, STO will then ensure that the booking sum is refunded to you, that you are able to continue on your trip, or that you are able to travel to the final destination on your journey.
Accessible Travel Netherlands has therefore protected itself against insolvency through STO Garant. If services are not provided by Accessible Travel Netherlands due to insolvency, travellers can contact STO Garant, which has its offices at Torenallee 20, 5617 BC Eindhoven, Netherlands, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling +31 (0)85 13 02 943.
Procedure: You will receive an email from STO Garant (email@example.com) containing information about how you can pay for your booking. The full booking sum must be paid into the escrow account before the trip commences. This applies to all bookings
- Whether STO Garant's guarantee applies to a particular (travel) offer made by Accessible Travel Netherlands is clearly stated for that offer. The Guarantee Scheme specifies what the guarantee covers and which conditions apply. You can find the Guarantee Scheme on STO Garant's website (www.sto-garant.nl/en/downloads).
- STO Travel Guarantee is applicable for the following services:
- A travel package that includes one hotel night and transfers and / or tours and / or mobility equipment.
- A travel package that takes at least 24 hours, but does not include accommodation. For example a combination of guided tours and transfers or activities or mobility equipment.
- Services that are not covered by the STO Travel Guarantee are single services including;
- mobility equipment- or bike hire
- one or multiple transfers
- canal cruises
- tours or activities that take less than 24 hours.
After confirmation of the travel agreement, a prepayment of 15% is required before the date stated on the invoice. If both parties agree, a prepayment of 100% can be made after confirmation.